sábado, enero 20, 2007

Through the looking glass

So you thought I would never update this site. You're wrong! nevertheless I did not start this blog just for relating my adventures in Hong Kong one year ago. This is more like a way for being in contact with those who know me and, from time to time, rather to say very seldom, wander about how I am doing (I have seen no comments on the last three posts). Thanks to this blog, I am always just one-click far away...

Since now I am going to stay here in Spain, I reckon the goal of this site has turned around. I mean, here I am close to relatives and friends and to be honest I still prefer to know about someone having a nice chat with he or she while having a coffee sitting in a quiet coffe-shop, than having to check their blog to see how are they doing, that's only for nerds (truly nerds, I mean). So, in case we haven't met yet since my return, please give me a ring and I rearrange my busy schedule (I wish...) for fitting a meeting with you. You all know how to find me.

So basically, this post is aimed to all my friends abroad, particularly for those I left in Hong Kong. You may wander if have finally returned safely, what I am doing now, and so on...

My return trip was actually quite long, but luckily I didn't miss any conection flight, so everything was, to some extent, OK. I couldn't sleep on the flight, despite having s three-sit row just for me. I tried to lay down on the sits and sleep but no way, I could only take a few naps.

I got to Madrid on 30th December, overnight there thanks to my always kind friend Jano. I got back exacly on the day Barajas Airport terminal four blast took place. Luckily, my flight landed on terminal one. Moreover this cruel attack happened on the morning, whereas I arrived there late at night. Anyway, it was a gloomy view on my welcome-home day. Somehow, it reminded me terrorism is not a fiction but still alive and unfortunately in this case taking away the life of two young male.

On the next day, I flew back to my hometown Vigo, where my family and friends were waiting at the airport to meet me. At night, New Years Eve dinner at my parents cottage in my village and later on party with friends till dawn. As usual on that special day.

The following weeks went slowly...On my first two weeks I hardly could sleep. I found myself rush and fast, always on the move. I got the need of always doing something, of keeping myself busy. Also, the streets seemed to me empty, everything happening at a slow pace, and still have this impression. In a few words, I reckon I experienced a cultural-shock which to be honest I never thought of going through it. I think I am still readjusting myself and it is going to take me a long time...

At this moment I am still wonder what I am going to do next. Most likely I will stay here during this year, that's what I would like and I am going to try it very badly. I also have to take a decission on whether I would like to return to Uni and stay there for three years while researching and getting my Phd or in the other hand, I decide to find my place on the always competitive IT job market. Whatever I finally decide you all guys will be always the second ones on knowing it...just one-click far away.

I seize this opportunity to wish you all a very much happy 2007! (It is going to be hard to be better than 2006, but who knows...)

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

I know that this entry is not exactly addressed to those, like me, who are living in Spain now (:P) but I just wanted to drop some lines to say: Welcome back!

iurgir dijo...

The ones in HK say "Good luck" y nos vemos en algún momento en algún lugar, todos mocos, porque al final el mundo no es más que un pañuelo ^__^